Tuesday, March 5, 2013

An Afternoon Well-Spent with my Best Friend

I got up at 9 o’clock in the morning today. As usual, I woke up by my little monsters. I bathe them and got them ready for the day. I told my biyenan last night to come over at 1 o’clock to look after the little monsters because I will be going to my best friend’s house in Makati.

Kare-kare made with ♥ by LUBDUB

As always, my biyenan is so early! I was having my lunch with Zephyr, kare-kare from last night when she showed up on our door, it’s only 12 in the afternoon.
ME: Nay, ang aga niyo naman?! 12 pa lang ah! (Nay, it’s still early, it’s only 12 o’clock.)
Anita: Eh naghatid pa kasi ako ng mga bata… (I took the kids to the school) She is referring to her grandchildren,
I consider her as one of the best grandmothers in the world! As long as it’s for her grandchildren, she will never complain. We’re so lucky to have her!
Fast forward…

The Mama they wish they never had!

I was on the bus at 12:45PM and was hoping that the traffic will go smoothly. I still have shift so I wanted to get home at least 6 or 7. Oh! And I don’t wanna miss Juan Dela Cruz – ABS CBN’s fantaserye with Coco Martin as the lead actor. The bus was showing a movie, I didn’t bother to watch since I can barely hear the audio. What got my attention were the scenes where there were doddles on the wall and the scribble, MAMA appeared!
 
Mama Mia! It’s MAMA! In case you don’t know that was a horror flick, I’ve been dying to watch. It’s not available in all cinemas, not even in SM Southmall. I know it’s showing in Festival Mall but Toxs and I was not able to watch it. Nagkatamaran ata.I was really glued on TV until I realized the bus was already in Estrella. The travel time was only 45 minutes.

Jerome, my best friend since Junior High school, opened the door for me. I was touched because Tita Leony, Jerome’s Nanay was waiting for me too. They can’t start their lunch without me. Oh diba, ang sweet! Tita Leony has been also like a mother to me. We ate fish steak and hotdogs – good combination! And Jerome had halo-halo from Razon’s of Guagua delivered to their house. I’m not a fan of halo-halo; they all tasted the same to me. But it’s free, so why complain?
They have their own internet shop. So as usual, I logged on my FB on his tablet. I was surfing the web, checking my news feed while exchanging stories with Jerome. I obliged to visit him because I missed his birthday last February 20. I was so exhausted from work, as in to the nth power, that I didn’t have the energy to travel to Makati and back. Since we became friends, I’ve always been present in all of the occasions in their family, if not at least on all of his birthdays, except this year! Shame on me!
It was nice spending the afternoon with him. We talked about our lives as working adults, ate halo-halo, took pictures together and we even played badminton. Gone are the days when we just hang out together all day, every day. Whenever there’s movie worth watching, we always see it together. I pay for the tickets; he pays for the food. We’ve been friends for almost 11 years already! We’ve been through ups and downs.  People around us even thought that we’ll end up together. But faith decided that we’re better off as friends, for keeps!
I wanted to stay a bit longer but I can’t, I had to go to work. At 5:30 PM. We bid ourselves farewell.
I got home at 7:30 PM. The travel home was such a breeze, no traffic jam except for those MMDA people that allowed BUS A to pick up passengers in Estrella which is only for Bus B. Kainis!
I was telling Toxs how my day went and how blessed I am for having Jerome in my life. He is one of the few people I trust so much. He is the most reliable person I know! He let me borrowed his digicam and his badminton racket. Oh diba!
***To JEROME
I know I don’t say this too often, but I’m so thankful that I’ve met you and we became best of friends. We may not see each other as much as we did before or we may not get in touch all the time, but I want you to know, we will always be friends for the rest of our lives. As always, you can count on me. I will always be here! J J J






1 comment:

  1. bakit ala kayo pic? mas maganda may pix kau ni jerome..

    ReplyDelete