Monday, February 25, 2013

A Conversation with My Little Man

This afternoon, while I was watching Kourtney and Khloe Take New York, I decided to ask questions to Zephyr, just to check his level of understanding and to my amazement here’s what he had to say:
Me: Zephyr, I will ask you something, okay?
Zephyr: Hmmm… Okay!
Me: What song you do you like?
Zephyr: Hmmm… Twinkle, Twinkle Star! (Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star)
Me: Eh, what food do you like? Me, I like pizza!
Zephyr: Rice! Like Rice!
Me: What else?
Zephyr: Rice lang! (He really likes rice with lots of ‘sabaw’.)
Me: What do you like watching on TV?
Zephyr: Hi-5! Timmy! Jake and Pirates! (Jake and the Neverland Pirates)
Me: Eh, what’s your favourite toy?
Zephyr: Like play blocks!
Me: Zephyr, where’s Tatay?
Zephyr: Go to work!
Me: How about Nanay? Do you like it when Nanay goes to work?
Zephyr: No! Like Nanay stay house lang!
Me: Why naman?
Zephyr: Stay house lang! Play with me! (Then he gave me a big hug!)
I was surprised! I know Zephyr is a very intelligent kid but I didn’t know that I can have this kind of conversation with him. I thought he’s not paying attention to whatever I say. I realized that I just have to talk to him more often, with no distractions – TV, toys and snacks. It threw me off all the more when he said that he didn’t like me going to work. I never thought he would say that. To think, he’s only 2 years old and he cares! My little boy is growing so fast, hopefully I can catch up!  ☺☺☺

No comments:

Post a Comment