Tuesday, February 19, 2013

An Answered Prayer

“Every girl’s dream is to meet a prince, to have that greatest love story and to live happily ever after.”
TOXS, the every beat of my heart <3

I admit, for once in my teenage life, I dreamt of marrying a knight in shining armor who will save me from despair and will offer the world right on my feet. But when you started to grow up and see the world in a different perspective, you will realize that life is no fairy tale. Not every guy you meet will treat you as you want to be. And having a wounded knee is better than having a broken heart. Love is not many splendored things.
When I came of age, I asked God to give me someone who is faithful, responsible and loving. I prayed for someone who will never deprive me of the essential things in life – food, shelter and money; someone who will always be there in ups and downs and will never leave me no matter what the circumstances are; someone who will love me for what I am and will accept my flaws; someone who will never ever have any third party or extra-marital affairs and I prayed hard for someone I can grow old with. I didn’t even know I was praying for Francis Bondoc.
Tokidoki or Toxs, as I used to call him, came into my life unexpectedly. I was not even looking for love because I was mending a broken heart back then. I was too tired and fed up of all failed relationships and ex-boyfriends who didn’t even see my worth. Hallelujah! Toxs arrived just in time and saved me from my misery just before I lost faith in love. It’s God, not love that moves in mysterious ways. We didn’t know each other like John Smith know Pocahontas or like Beast know Belle. It was like the Savage Garden’s hit song, “I knew I loved you before I met you”. Though we barely know each other, the friendship blossomed into something new, something fresh, something you called “love”. When we took our relationship to the next level, I’ve decided that we call each other, “LUBDUB” – our so-called terms of endearment. It is because, medically speaking, that’s the sound that your heart makes, each time it beats. With every beat of our heart, we vow to love each other forever and ever. Amen!
Meeting him was fate, loving him was a choice and now I know why it didn’t work fine with anyone else. God, indeed, heard me well – He was an answered prayer.
And I will never get tired of thanking God for him.   ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment