Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Birthday Plans for LUBDUB

For the last 4 years of our relationship, each time that Toxs celebrates his birthday, I always make sure it’s special.
On his birthday in 2009, I planned a joint birthday party for him and his best friend, Rhaian. His birthday is March 5 while his best friend is March 3. I invited all their ONCHING friends – the friends he had since college. (Onching means sex daw in gay lingo!) That was also the first time I met all of them. They were all nice to me and even welcomed me as a part of the group.
In 2010, I made him a special birthday video that showed some of the pictures I took with our favourite music playing on the background and with captions that despite of him being:
1) Dead Hungry (As in patay gutom! Sa payat niyang yon, ang laki ng bodega!)
2) Sleepyhead (Isa siyang MASA – masandal lang, tulog!)
3) Head Turner (Kaso ang lingon, away from him!)
. . . I still love him so much! ♥♥♥
At that time, he was thinking of getting a new phone, so to his surprise I got him a N70. It was only a second hand though. I also drew a picture of us together and an also gave him a birthday card to tie it all up.
He was overjoyed! He said he never felt appreciated in his entire life until that day! Oh well, what the sweetest girlfriend can’t do?
Back in 2011, we had another double celebration. (Para tipid and memorable!) We decided to have Zephyr’s christening and his birthday all at the same time. To make it special, I designed the tarp, with him holding Zephyr, and had it printed super-size! It’s like 4 meters x 2 meters. I also asked my girlfriends to bake a red velvet cake for him with buttercream icing. I just edited a picture of him, made it look like that of Che Gueverra, I just made it in green, red and yellow. He’s a self-proclaimed Rasta, so he loves anything reggae.
He loved everything! He still has that tarp and his reggae’d picture.
Then in 2012, the biggest and the most expensive birthday present ever - a concert ticket to Smash Project 2012 in Aranata Coliseum (Thank youuuuuuuu Araneta! Concert queen lang ang peg!) featured our all-time favourite bands; The Used, Dashboard Confessional, Chicosci, Urbandub and Typecast.  But wait, there’s more! The Cab (Ang pogi nila sobra!), Cobra Starship, One Buck Short and Slapshock.
For an awesome rock and rollin’ concert, smile on lubdub’s face and an unforgettable birthday experience, the tickets that cost me P8, 600 ($215) were worth it! I’d definitely spend it again just to make him happy! We definitely had a blast! ☺☺☺
And for this year, the time flew so fast, I wasn’t able to plan for something extra special yet. I thought of having a full body massage with buffet at Wensha Spa, we could use the sauna and Jacuzzi. However, they don’t have couple massage and we can’t be together since they have gender segregation. I searched on the Web, and found Nuat Thai which offers couple massage for a cheap price. We haven’t experience it yet and it’s been a long time that I wanted for us to have a bit of pampering. Then, I heard about Vikings Mall of Asia’s Birthday Promo. You can come to the restaurant on your birthday with one paying adult, present your ID or birth certificate bearing your DOB and you can eat for free! Since we love food tripping, this would be the best gift.
Last night, I went to their Facebook page, posted a message about my reservation on March 5, dinner time, I gave my contact information and within just about 10 minutes, I got a text message from them confirming my reservation. I was just a breeze!
Since we also want the little monsters to go swimming, we decided to try Swim @ Cecile’s at Casimiro, Las Piñas on March 7 with my biyenans (Tox’s parents).
I’m so excited!☺☺☺

No comments:

Post a Comment