Monday, February 25, 2013

There’s always an Exception

Lately, I’ve been having serious discussions about men being cheaters naturally. I agree on that for sure. I have friends and colleagues who had other women; I had ex-boyfriends who cheated on me and my mother even caught my own father having an affair. However, it doesn’t mean that all men in general, will do the same thing on you. And for that matter, it doesn’t mean it will happen to me too. Not to me.  Not my Toxs.
I may sound idealistic; however I believe in my heart that the man I’m spending my life with now will not do anything like that. He will not ruin our relationship or my trust nor even break up the home we both worked so hard to build. I have faith in him. He loves our kids. He loves me.
I am only human, he also is. We make mistakes. We are subject to temptation. It’s all in our nature. Though we cannot be perfect as couple or we cannot have a perfect relationship because there are times that we argue on trivial things, we could always try to be perfect for each other and create that connection that both of us can only understand.
I have never felt secured in my life until I was with him. I never had that so called women’s instinct. He might have broken my trust once because of smoking when he said he already gave it up, but never the faith I put on him that I am his only woman. I don’t have to explain myself or go to any further details on that. It is what it is. We both respect each other. We put God in the center of our relationship. And that only matters.
Maybe I can say this because we know how to communicate with each other. We say what we feel, what we think with no holds barred. Maybe because he always makes me feel that I am loved and appreciated. Maybe it’s because of that sweet caress on my head while we are watching TV, kisses on my forehead while I was sleeping, laughter we shared on a lame joke or maybe it’s because of that amazing lovemaking we always have.
Generally speaking, we cannot easily ditch that ‘men-are-cheaters mentality’. Men may have different reasons why they cheat. They may be getting in touch in their inner caveman – they like to play fire. It may be because they got bored with the relationship, there’s no connection or spark anymore; or maybe just because they can. Whether its evolution, biology or simple novelty, men do seek different sex partners. However, the decision whether to cheat is entirely in a man’s control. And it also boils down to one thing: you have to know when to put a leash on your man.
So, even it happens to you, just your luck. It didn’t mean that it can happen to everybody else. There’s always an exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment