Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Glimpse of the Past

When I was brought to this world, this was the role I first played. Growing up, I do as I’m told. I studied hard, had always been in the honour class and had maintained good grades. I did my chores. I did not do drugs or vices. I know I was a good daughter.
I got into high school and grew a little older. Things changed. My views changed. I saw the world in a different way; I got a little hard-headed and a bit opinionated.  Now, I had a hard time doing what I’m told. It’s not because I became a rebel. It’s just that there were things that I had to do my way; I developed a belief of my own. I was in the stage in which I want to try different things; to feel free and to experience life. I went out with friends and got drunk. I tried to smoke but never liked it. I skipped classes, failed some subjects and got tardy a few times. I was not miserable if you’re thinking that way; I was just enjoying myself.
After I graduated college, I went to review classes in preparation for the nursing board exams. The family was having problems with the finances. I stopped attending review classes and started looking for jobs. I know I’m not yet ready for the call center industry. I’m not yet that confident; my first attempt pretty much scarred me for life. Luckily, I had a friend who’s working in an online English teaching company. She gave me a referral and got the job. I was in heaven’s bliss. At that time, I’m having misunderstanding with my father. I had to leave home because I didn’t agree with his decisions for the family’s future anymore; I never agreed anyway.
Now, I had a family of my own. Never been happier! This was the best thing that ever happened to me. And I won’t trade it for anything…

No comments:

Post a Comment